Friday, June 1, 2007

Nostalgia

I wish I could live my childhood again, along with my adult life. I wish I had a book to open each time I feel childhood sick and read the words that recall the smell of summer street dust that we used to raise with our balls. I want to read sentences that recall the taste of the mint chewing gum we used to pull out of our mouths with those dirty hands we were getting from covering the sidewalks with grotesque chalk drawn characters. I wish this book opens right in the middle, leaving as much past as it leaves future, the way we used to split adventure books open to see the pictures you were getting if you digged into the story.
About that age we all shared at a certain moment, like multiple twins born from the same mother, some things should be said, some shouldn’t. It is the childhood of a dozen kids, pulled together by the imposed migration of rough farmers towards the peaceful towns. It's never going to be the same...

No comments: